Special Announcement from Jackie shared on March 24, 2017: Please visit The Healing Garden 102 South Main Street Camden, DE 19934 to get Yarn to help with causes!
Special Shout Outs
Denise Larlee Joudrey from Canada was concerned about the pause in CC Podcast. I assured her I was working diligently to get the show back on track. We had a lovely time on Facebook chatting about patterns and such. For that I surprised Denise on the show with a cute mug from https://yarners.life
CC Podcast Fur Buddy: Jango
Denise Larlee Joudrey’s and Dear Hubby’s
A Staffordshire Bull Terrier 2 years old
Stitch of the Week is The Beane Stitch
Visit CC Podcast Pinterest Board for ideas and inspiration. Here
By https://yarners.life One Yarner will win a prize package (of a tote bag, mug, hand therapy cremes and nail gel).Share how you started or joined a cause on CC Podcast Facebook Page under the comments section. Enter to win Now HERE
Special thanks to CC Podcast Sponsor: Katherine Campbell @ BEAUTY BOSS Nail Gels for pretty nails and Hand Therapy cremes for Yarners’.
All it takes is yarn and a hook to heal someone one in need! Start today.
You made it to the fourth and final part of the mini blog series! I added a bonus item just for you! Maybe I need to rename it 21 Hot items.
Nevertheless, If you missed parts 1-3? You can catch up, 1 Here 2 Here & 3 Here
It was reported by Market Watch that “bringing up baby” was a 23 billion industry in 2013. Moreover, what artisan can resist crocheting beautiful pieces for these little darlings?
Parents and grandparents will find it hard to resist a booth tailored for babies;
and are always ready to spend money on super cute baby accessories “just because.”
Cater to the family and friends by using cute embellishments such as; “#1 Nephew, Favorite Niece, I’m A Big Brother or Big Sister”.
Family members love to boast about the new addition to the family and embellished items has the potential to increase sales.
Here is the list of the last four of 20 Hot Items to sell and a bonus:
17. Baby Booties & Sandals: These can be made year round from Ugg styles to sandals.
18. Beanies/Bonnets: Use All cotton yarn for the summer (order Here) and ribbons for the bonnets (order Here) .
19. Bibs:Softcotton yarns are non allergenic, durable, and soft on their skin (order Here) Add Velcro to make putting on and taking off easy. (order HERE) Make pockets for a baby spoon and fork. (order Here) Baby can never have too many bibs, design collections, such as ; “days of the week”, “mealtimes”, “ & wherever your creative mind takes you!
20. Pillows: I use regular store pillows. You get more filling for less money than craft stores and they’re hyper-allergenic. (order HERE )items.
21.Lacy Summer Blanket and/or stuffed animal blankets are a summer Hit!
Fellow artisans have marvelous creations that will inspire you! So, I created a Pinterest Board Just for You HERE .
I’m singing, “Ooh Ooh Ooh Baby”
7 Quick Tips to make your table/booth appealing to customers.
1. Reinvent traditional shades of pink and blues by mixing up colors. hot pinkorange, pink, or teal, grey, & green
2. Use gender neutral colors: yellow and grey with white; or model big brand baby store.
3. Coordinate the 5 items above by using the same theme, colors, or designs. It’s a marvelous way to increase sales via bundling. Read about this tip in my blog post HERE.
4. Embellish baby expressions your crochet pieces. (Order Here) Apple Orange Gifts has lots to choose from.)
5. Sew wash and care instructions on printed labels. To save valuable time make your creations look professional, order iron-on labels But, If you’re on a tight budget print wash/care symbols on colorful card stock, cut out, and give them out with each purchase, Wunder Label has a free download find them HERE.
6. Play children’s music or lullabies. Create a playlist on YOU Tube and play via your phone or other device.
7. Spray a delicate baby scent (Order HERE )in your booth/table it makes a soothing shopping experience.
8. Offer gift wrapping for a small charge, display a snazzy sign that says you offer this service. Use satin ribbon bows, tissue paper, and gift bags. (Start Here) They boast a huge & affordable selection, so venture around the site. Don’t forget to include a few packages that say: It’s a girl,It’s a boy, or Congratulations.
Now that you have your list of “20 Hot items That Sell At Craft Shows” you are ready for the next step! Getting them Register today for my free webinar
“How to be a success at Selling Your Crochet Creations“ on May 16, 2016 HERE
I ‘ll be sharing tips and strategies to help you get your beautiful handmade pieces sold .
This is may be the the end of this blog mini-series; but, it’s the beginning of your success. Fire up your hooks and start creating.
See you at the free webinar on May 16. Register HERE
Hey there my Creatives! I so hope you enjoy this show as much as I did. Heather Mango Social Media Coordinator, shares interesting and marvelous, stories, enterprise, and facts about the historically rich Yarn & Craft giant MARY MAXIM
You’re going to learn:
The historical journey and their secret to how Mary Maxim’s success among contemporaries, .
The Naming of Mary Maxim and staying true to their name.
Looms, Patterns, and the challenges faced by pattern writers and designers.
A 4th Generation Family Owned Business that has a one stop shop Command Center.
The dedicated employees that provide exemplary customer support.
The use of local designers in the pattern and design process.
The Massive Pattern Archives on Ravelry.
Huge amount of catalogs mailed each year throughout the US and Canada
Engage customers Young & Old via traditional & modern forms of communication.
Varieties of yarns, kits, and You Tube tutorials to help their customers.
Mary Maxim Events Call : 1-800-962-9504 or visit their website for details: Annual Tent Sales │ Pattern Submissions │ Historic Building Tours │May Crochet Contests
Find Mary Maxim on the WEB as *Mary Maxim Official*
Courtesy Of Mary Maxim to CC Podcast Listeners , receive a special discount.
IN THE LOOPS
Trivia instead Tips: What is the Movie I am trying name during this show? The 1st caller with the correct answer is the winner. Winner gets a free Monster Headband or Beanie pattern from JaCo Creations! Click the green banner on the right to leave a message. Winner to be announced on Show #8
Stitch of the Week: The PICOT Stitch *Visit CC Podcast On Pinterestfor Ideas and Inspiration*
Pet Shout outs:
Christine Seidita’s Kitties, ” Nico & Athena checking out my ribbons”
I had the pleasure of showcasing Shannon Perzel on CC’s Podcast.
A crochet online Biz owner share how she sells only on Facebook.
Shannon shares about:
1. Naming her shop and importance of simple names 2. Her crochet business found her. 3. The Support of family & friends helped her business. 4. Her niche area home items from baskets to rugs, home decor, and women accessories. 5. Twelve years of Jewelry making transformed her into a life of crochet 6. Pinterest is her inspiration in additon to uses of color combinations 7. Tips on how on she is successful selling only on fb for free. 8. Ways to use maximiaze peak and off peak seasons. 9. Her pricing strategy that keeps client happy. 10.Running an efficient online shop without getting overwhelmed.
Design Seed:A site to to use for color palettes and get color combinations ideas
Crochet Fun Zone
I. Tips for Selling your products 1. Don’t price too low factor in costs: time, materials, packaging, and shipping consider your resources(lights, internet, phone service, marketing )
2. Present packages in a wonderful way to create an unforgettable experience for your clients an customers consider the beauty of perfume packages or expensive boxes of chocolate. Scroll through Google Images to get packaging ideas and inspiration.
3. Use Promotions: such as bundling products and/or patterns, use holidays to promote your specials like the rest of the world of sellers use coupon and discount code too.
Let me know if these tips increase you sales.
II. Stitch of the week: Puff Stitch * Post Pictures on CC’s FB Page of your projects using the shell stitch * Provide links only to patterns if they are not your own work to respect all copyright laws * Post on CC’s FB Page and I will in turn be used on the CC Pinterest board. * CC Board will be there a resource and to showcase your awesome work
The Puff Stitch is the stitch of the week
III. Pet Shout Outs I enjoy this part of the show! We get to recognize our crochet fur babies! 1. Stephanie’s Cat Binx . Binx 2 months ago he was a stray. He’s about a year old so he’s been a stray his whole life. He approached my husband outside as he was cleaning our car. We took him to the vet, got him vaccinated, and he’s lovingly attacked my yarn ever since. We love him very much.
2. Carolyn Pearson Schumache Look at Bella in her Super Girl Halloween costume
3.It is fitting to mention Shannon’s 2 dogs “Shelly justs love to play ball and cuddle with me when I crochet” and, “ Lexi , she just love people so much and she love loves to cuddle you all the time.”
I hope Binx, Bella, Shelly, and Lexi are listening too!
If you’d love to hear a shout out of our Crochet Pet Buddy or Baby’s name on CC Podcast Go to CC Facebook Page and share Pictures, Comments and or stories
Listen out for Show #5 on the day of Love Feb 14, With our Magnificent Crochet Group Owner, Designer, and Blogger My Hobby is Crochet!