I met this fabulous designer in one of my Facebook Groups, a one of a kind pearl I am so happy to have met. We stayed on this call for almost an hour! I am sure you will enjoy this show as much as I do!
On this Show Joede shares;
How she began crocheting
The surprise business start-up
Running A crochet Business
Words of wisdom for fellow crochet biz owners and hobbyist
Thank You to the Contest Winners of the the Healing Series
Ashley, Jackie and Densie prizes from Avon’s beauty Boss Katherine Campbell
and from Yarners.life
You can shop online on the website on Yarners on FaceBook Today
Did you know you can sign up for 20% off your first order at Yarners.life
Buy Adorable & witty Crochet Quoted Tees, Totes, Pouches, Mugs, Mom and Me Tees & Onesies and more.
The perfect way to share your yarn and crochet loving lifestyle with the world.
Why not sports fans and other hobbyist do it why not YOU!
Visit Yarners.life and use coupon code NewYarner20 Our Feature Stitch is the Basketweave This stitch is ideal for crochet home decor
design beautifully textured pieces like baskets, pillows, dish cloths and such
For more ideas and inspiration Visit Crocheters Connection Pinterest Board Here
Our Fur Baby is Joede’s very own Samson!
I have to share this gorgeous Mother’s Day Story about Joede’s Samson and it reads. Listen to the show for this touching Mom’s Day Story
Visit CC Facebook page see more of his cute Pictures. Click
A Mother’s Day Shout OUT
To the Mothers across the world!
and I am praying for a beautiful Mom’s Day for all EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU
To the #1 Mom: My MOMMY my Awesome Saucy Supportive Best Friend! I love You Momma!
I’m immensely grateful to you all for joining! The inspiration is magnificent!
Joede Brown thank you for your presence!
You have to visit her website and see her designs!
I must mention Joede is having a sale on her fab items. Coupon Code “crochetersconnection” 20% off any $35+ purchase. Expires May 31. At www.blackpearlcrochet.com only.
Alright My Superfly Makers, make your mark in this world!
Until next time! As always it was pleasure and I am forever hooked
Kindly subscribe, share, and leave a comment.
I’ve read in many of my Facebook groups about Creatives ending up in the hospital; by overexerting themselves with crochet projects. Others had self-inflicted injuries as they tried to beat the clock to pump out last-minute gifts. Sad to say they were out of commission for a while.
I agree Christmas is the biggest gift giving season of the year; however, I’d like you to reach the finish line safely.
I created a strategy exclusively for my Makers: “7 ways to “Keep Calm During Holiday Crochet” :
1. Plan Your Projects to avoid getting overwhelmed. Make a list of your projects and check them off as you complete each one. This method motivates you to finish your projects faster. Here a simple chart you can download and print. project-list
2 .Take Breaks to stretch your muscles and body parts. We tend to crochet for hours without realizing the time has flown past. Then our body gets sore and stiff, this can cause other health issues. Set an hourly timer on your cell phone or alarm clock. Dance for 10 minutes, walk around, breathe, and/or drink water or soothing tea.
3. Small Projects are great ways to check off that long project list quickly. Small can have a huge impact when packaged or presented nicely. Such as, a crochet mug cozy with tea bags and cookies inserted in a mug. Get creative and have lots of fun with your small projects.
4. Use Creative Packaging as I stated in tip #3! Gifts inside of a gift are great. Try the dollar store. They have loads of baskets, vases, wrappings, bags, and bows to make your handmade creations WOW your gifts. Don’t forget your labels! Buy them HERE.
5. Pamper Your Hands by soaking them in warm water. Gently stretch and massage them with hand balm or shea butter. They are the chickas making all the designs inside of you happen. To my Creatives that have arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other issues; please pamper your hands.
6. Easy Projects don’t require too many stitch transitions and difficult patterns. It makes Christmas Crochet much more productive and stress-less. Add cute embellishments like poms-poms and buttons. Stitches like the moss or basket weave create lovely textures. Play with bright fun colors and try the hounds-tooth stitch. Trust me your easy projects will look like hard work.
7. A Comfy Corner is imperative! Camaraderie a corner of your sofa, or a cozy recliner, or a bed rest pillow. Make sure you have a little table to place drinks, snacks, and crochet stuff. Don’t forget proper lighting. A comfy seat helps your entire body relax, including your prosperous hands.
I hope these tips are helpful, and your Christmas Crochet is Calm and a Success! Take a Look at this Inspirational Pinterest Board I made just for you.
Finish healthy and strong.
Forever hooked Priscilla
*This post has affiliate links read all about it HERE.*
*This post has affiliate links, read all about HERE.*
CC Podcast has not added any new shows since May. But, it will resume around Thanksgiving.
In the meantime. I am proud to announce I learned the crocodile stitch. I have a couple of fall WIP’s for you to try; and some news about CC Podcast.
Although, I am somewhat of a private person; I feel my awesome audience can get a snippet of my life. To my Blog skimmers; good news, I am not a big writer lately. So my blog posts will be short and to the point.
I’ve been making moves!
I moved back to NY from Maryland. But, setting up my studio is a daunting task. Unpacking, sorting, lifting, hurting and reconnecting with my family, is exhausting
Currently, I’m taking another hiatus in NJ with my parents. By the way they just celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary! Super proud of those two!
So, there you have the jist of it!
Now, moving forward
A terrible echo in my home will make CC Podcast a hazard to my listeners. It is really bad!
Yesterday, my 4 year old granddaughter and I were on the phone and she said “Grandma, have an echo party!” See what I mean?
I really do miss CC’s podcast, so I’ve been crocheting and researching (just for you) in the meantime. The set target date is Thanksgiving for resuming CC Podcast, as I scout the perfect spot for recording and editing future shows,
No worries, in the the meantime, I am staying connected with my Makers via social media. I believe my ideas, news, tips, patterns, and crochet Memes are going to make your days.
A few festive posts and goodies are coming to CC’s Blog, tailored for my sellers & makers .
Before you go, check out the two fall WIP’S by Bonita’s Patterns
You made it to the fourth and final part of the mini blog series! I added a bonus item just for you! Maybe I need to rename it 21 Hot items.
Nevertheless, If you missed parts 1-3? You can catch up, 1 Here 2 Here & 3 Here
It was reported by Market Watch that “bringing up baby” was a 23 billion industry in 2013. Moreover, what artisan can resist crocheting beautiful pieces for these little darlings?
Parents and grandparents will find it hard to resist a booth tailored for babies;
and are always ready to spend money on super cute baby accessories “just because.”
Cater to the family and friends by using cute embellishments such as; “#1 Nephew, Favorite Niece, I’m A Big Brother or Big Sister”.
Family members love to boast about the new addition to the family and embellished items has the potential to increase sales.
Here is the list of the last four of 20 Hot Items to sell and a bonus:
17. Baby Booties & Sandals: These can be made year round from Ugg styles to sandals.
18. Beanies/Bonnets: Use All cotton yarn for the summer (order Here) and ribbons for the bonnets (order Here) .
19. Bibs:Softcotton yarns are non allergenic, durable, and soft on their skin (order Here) Add Velcro to make putting on and taking off easy. (order HERE) Make pockets for a baby spoon and fork. (order Here) Baby can never have too many bibs, design collections, such as ; “days of the week”, “mealtimes”, “ & wherever your creative mind takes you!
20. Pillows: I use regular store pillows. You get more filling for less money than craft stores and they’re hyper-allergenic. (order HERE )items.
21.Lacy Summer Blanket and/or stuffed animal blankets are a summer Hit!
Fellow artisans have marvelous creations that will inspire you! So, I created a Pinterest Board Just for You HERE .
I’m singing, “Ooh Ooh Ooh Baby”
7 Quick Tips to make your table/booth appealing to customers.
1. Reinvent traditional shades of pink and blues by mixing up colors. hot pinkorange, pink, or teal, grey, & green
2. Use gender neutral colors: yellow and grey with white; or model big brand baby store.
3. Coordinate the 5 items above by using the same theme, colors, or designs. It’s a marvelous way to increase sales via bundling. Read about this tip in my blog post HERE.
4. Embellish baby expressions your crochet pieces. (Order Here) Apple Orange Gifts has lots to choose from.)
5. Sew wash and care instructions on printed labels. To save valuable time make your creations look professional, order iron-on labels But, If you’re on a tight budget print wash/care symbols on colorful card stock, cut out, and give them out with each purchase, Wunder Label has a free download find them HERE.
6. Play children’s music or lullabies. Create a playlist on YOU Tube and play via your phone or other device.
7. Spray a delicate baby scent (Order HERE )in your booth/table it makes a soothing shopping experience.
8. Offer gift wrapping for a small charge, display a snazzy sign that says you offer this service. Use satin ribbon bows, tissue paper, and gift bags. (Start Here) They boast a huge & affordable selection, so venture around the site. Don’t forget to include a few packages that say: It’s a girl,It’s a boy, or Congratulations.
Now that you have your list of “20 Hot items That Sell At Craft Shows” you are ready for the next step! Getting them Register today for my free webinar
“How to be a success at Selling Your Crochet Creations“ on May 16, 2016 HERE
I ‘ll be sharing tips and strategies to help you get your beautiful handmade pieces sold .
This is may be the the end of this blog mini-series; but, it’s the beginning of your success. Fire up your hooks and start creating.
See you at the free webinar on May 16. Register HERE
Marie Segares: Proprietress of The Underground Crafter and Creative Yarn Entrepreneur
Hear from the dynamic Writer, Crochet designer, Knitting designer, Teacher, Blogger, Podcaster,
Marie shares a host of her expertise about the yarn world, and works diligently both in the creative and business side of the yarn industry. You can find her all over the internet sharing loads of free patterns and other great resources for crocheters.
You will learn:
How she helped former guest Angie Doherty of Hooked By Angels
Multiple ways to earn money in the Yarn/Crochet business
Ideas for running your own business
Ways to keep creativity flowing
Marie’s New Podcast that read patterns as you crochet along.
The 27 designers she collaborates with to provide and help listeners with free patterns
*This Post has an affiliate link, learn all about it here*
I remember when my granddaughter was in the pediatric hospital during Christmas. My daughter was really sad, having a sick baby in the hospital during Christmas is enough to break anyone’s spirit.
On Christmas Day while my daughter stayed by her baby girl’s side, a band of sweet older women were making their rounds on that floor spreading Christmas joy! They came to the room and presented my daughter with a handmade ripple stitch blanket in shades of pink.
She was thrilled and her entire countenance changed.
Later, when I picked her up, she held up the blanket and exclaimed “Mommy look at this beautiful blanket and look at the Label!” Printed on the label was “Made with Love by Susan ?” I can’t remember the last name but I recall how happy my daughter was about the blanket and the message on the label.
Imagine labeling all of your precious handcrafted gifts. Decades later that label will speak volumes about you and your work.
Labels are not only for sellers but for the crochet hobbyist too.
Believe me after that exchange with my daughter and the generous crochet stranger, I wanted every keepsake blanket I made my grandchildren to have labels. Unfortunately I tried, and it was hard, so I just stopped.
However, today the process is much easier and fun!
I am ordering mine from Wunder Label with these words “Grandma Made It” and add one of their cute heart symbols & “I love You” on them. These labels are going on my grandchildrens’ blankets old and new.
How about you join me. Put them on any one of your handmade creations.
If you already use personalized labels for your crochet creations I’d love to hear about it.
Hey there my Creatives! I so hope you enjoy this show as much as I did. Heather Mango Social Media Coordinator, shares interesting and marvelous, stories, enterprise, and facts about the historically rich Yarn & Craft giant MARY MAXIM
You’re going to learn:
The historical journey and their secret to how Mary Maxim’s success among contemporaries, .
The Naming of Mary Maxim and staying true to their name.
Looms, Patterns, and the challenges faced by pattern writers and designers.
A 4th Generation Family Owned Business that has a one stop shop Command Center.
The dedicated employees that provide exemplary customer support.
The use of local designers in the pattern and design process.
The Massive Pattern Archives on Ravelry.
Huge amount of catalogs mailed each year throughout the US and Canada
Engage customers Young & Old via traditional & modern forms of communication.
Varieties of yarns, kits, and You Tube tutorials to help their customers.
Mary Maxim Events Call : 1-800-962-9504 or visit their website for details: Annual Tent Sales │ Pattern Submissions │ Historic Building Tours │May Crochet Contests
Find Mary Maxim on the WEB as *Mary Maxim Official*
Courtesy Of Mary Maxim to CC Podcast Listeners , receive a special discount.
IN THE LOOPS
Trivia instead Tips: What is the Movie I am trying name during this show? The 1st caller with the correct answer is the winner. Winner gets a free Monster Headband or Beanie pattern from JaCo Creations! Click the green banner on the right to leave a message. Winner to be announced on Show #8
Stitch of the Week: The PICOT Stitch *Visit CC Podcast On Pinterestfor Ideas and Inspiration*
Pet Shout outs:
Christine Seidita’s Kitties, ” Nico & Athena checking out my ribbons”